As a local business, Mint Floors and Shutters is committed to the Sutherland Shire community and we are proud supporters of The Sutherland Shire Family Services (SSFS).
During the next few months Mint Floors & Shutters will make a donation in your behalf to the The Sutherland Shire Family Services (SSFS). It is our way to give back to the community and say thanks to you for choosing us as your preferred flooring and shutters company.
About the Sutherland Shire Family Services
For the past 27 years Sutherland Shire Family Services (SSFS) has been a grass-root, not for profit community organization born out of an identified community need, providing hands on support for families.
Since then tens of thousands of families, parents, and children have been supported through the provision of essential community based, family oriented services, assisting struggling families navigate their challenges with dignity and hope, and practical skills to help them rebuild their lives.
The projects and Programs of Sutherland Shire Family Services are committed to:
- Improving communication and relationships between family members to create an environment that provides brighter futures for children
- Enhancing families’ capacity to support the growth and development of all family members.
- Responses which aim to reduce the impact of poverty and disadvantage on families
- Practice approaches that recognise the impact of trauma, violence and abuse on child wellbeing.
- Affirming and strengthening families’ social, cultural and racial identities
- Recognising, respecting and promoting the distinctive rights that Indigenous Australians hold as the original peoples of this land.
- Integrity and respect being central to all areas of service delivery.
- Partnerships, co-operation and collaborative arrangements that are aimed at bringing about safety and wellbeing among all family members.
- Accountability, transparency and accessibility.
- Prioritising health and safety of all employees