Over a total of 46 weeks of construction, St John’s College within the University of Sydney, underwent significant renovations and additions across the magnificent Wardell designed 1868 Gothic Revival buildings and later additions.
The works saw additional bedrooms and bathrooms constructed in the Polding Wing and new educational rooms to the Wardell Wing. The Nagle Library and Philosophical Room were completely restored and turned into a place for contemporary study culture, under the architectural supervision of Hector Abrahams Architects.
All within a live and heritage environment, and including a complete services upgrade, the project was undertaken with no impact on College operations. Officially opened by the Minister for Education the Hon Rob Stokes MP, and blessed by the Most Rev Bishop Brady, in November of last year.
Mint Floors flooring: Solid European oak Chevron Parquetry, sanded and coated with Bona Waterbased finish.