Features & Benefits:
- COLOURS & TEXTURES: Carpet is available in a wide array of colours and textures to suit all décors.
- COMFORT: Carpet is soft and warm underfoot.
- INSULATION: Carpet provides a comfortable thermal indoor environment due to its insulating properties.
- RESILIENT: Carpet doesn’t crack or scratch.
- QUIET: Carpet creates a quiet indoor environment as it absorbs sounds and reduces household noises produced by footsteps, items dropped on the floor and chair legs scrapes across a floor.
- SAFE: Carpet provides a safe and sure footing surface as is not slippery and provides a soft landing in case of falls.
When shopping for carpet you can have complete confidence in ACCS ratings as the scheme is administered by the Carpet Institute of Australia and testing and classification is undertaken by independant and impartial experts.
The carpet is tested and star rated on its performance properties. Each carpet is rated according to its suitability for use in varying traffic levels in residential homes from light, medium, heavy to extra heavy duty. Carpets are rated out of 6 stars. The more stars the better quality carpet.
Environmental Certification Scheme
For ACCS environmental certification, a carpet must meet stringent environmental performance standards and tested for its volatile organic compound emissions, noise reduction and thermal insulation properties. The ECS has 4 certification levels, ECS Level 4 certified carpet being the highest environmentally performing.
The carpet manufacturer must also comply with an Environmental code of Practice relating to good environmental practice in manufacturing.